Allergy-Friendly Frozen Berry Crisp
The Vitamin C and other antioxidants in Ener-C Multivitamin may help with seasonal allergy symptoms, but food allergies are a different beast! If you are one of the many people who suffer from a nut allergy or gluten or dairy intolerances, this recipe from @lindsaymustard may offer a delicious alternative a traditionally-nutty-crusted fruit crisp.
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups organic (gluten free) rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoon ghee, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a 9X9 baking dish, combine the frozen berries, vanilla extract, honey, cornstarch and sea salt. Mix together until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the honey and melted butter into the oat mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cover the berry mixture with the oat mixture, ensuring that it is evenly spread over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the fruit begins to bubble and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the crisp to cool and then serve with dairy-free ice cream!
Lindsay Mustard is a Holistic Nutritionist, firefighter-in-training and recipe-wizard with a burning passion for health and fitness. In her nutrition practice, Lindsay works with clients to craft a unique plan that is tailored to their specific health goals using a natural, whole food and supplement approach.